PurpleBox Audio Visual ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website or use our services, and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
PurpleBox AV is committed to the ongoing development of systems to better protect our customers and visitors to our website.
This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
What personal information do we collect or hold?
Personal information has the meaning given under your local data protection law, and, where the GDPR applies, the meaning of personal data given under the GDPR. Personal information generally means information which relates to a living individual who can be identified from that information, or from that information and other information in a person’s possession.
We therefore typically collect and process the following types of personal information about you:
- contact information (such as name, company name, address, delivery address, telephone number, email addresses)
- Payment information
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website.
- A history of projects or events that we have worked on with you
- Correspondence or communications that we have had with you during a project or event
How do we collect personal information?
We will only collect personal information in compliance with your local data protection laws. We usually collect your personal information from the information you submit during the course of your relationship with us. We will collect this information directly from you;
- when you deal with us either in person, by telephone, letter or email
- when you visit our website or connect with us via social media (such as Facebook or Twitter)
- when you purchase or make enquiries about products and services
- when you enter competitions or subscribe to receive marketing from us (e.g. e-newsletters)
- when you request other information from us
We make every effort to maintain the accuracy and completeness of your personal information which we store and to ensure all of your personal information is up to date. Please contact us if there are any changes to your personal information or if you become aware that we have inaccurate personal information relating to you. We will not be responsible for any losses arising from any inaccurate, inauthentic, deficient or incomplete personal information that you, or a person acting on your behalf, provide to us.
How do we use your personal information?
We use and process information held about you when:
- you have given your consent to such processing (which you may withdraw at any time)
- the processing is necessary to provide our services to you as agreed
- the processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations
- the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of any third party recipients that receive your personal information
- we provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- we need to notify you about changes to our service
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Is your personal information disclosed to third parties?
PurpleBox AV do not, and will not sell your data to a third party.
In order to provide our products and services to you or to otherwise fulfil contractual arrangements that we have with you, we may need to appoint other organisations to carry out some of the data processing activities on our behalf, for example delivery organisations and mailing houses.
We use a third party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter and company information via email. For more information, please see MailChimp's own privacy notice.
When you visit our website we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out information such as the number of visitors to various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify you. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. For more information you can read Google Analytics' GDPR compliance notice.
We may disclose your personal information to any law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a threat to life, health or safety of an individual or to public health or safety or for certain action to be undertaken by an enforcement body (e.g. prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences), or where such disclosure is authorised or required by law (including applicable privacy / data protection laws).
How does PurpleBox AV keep my personal information secure?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure systems which include Current RMS, Microsoft Office365 and Microsoft OneDrive.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting personal information and will implement and maintain appropriate measures to ensure that we can protect any personal information provided to us from accidental, unlawful or unauthorised disclosure. We regularly review security technologies and will strive to protect your personal information as fully as we protect our own confidential information. PurpleBox AV is not responsible for any third party actions or their security controls with respect to information that third parties may collect or process via their websites, services or otherwise.
PurpleBox AV will not hold your personal information for any longer than is necessary. We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- You have the right to ask us for a copy of any data we hold about you
- You have a right to access your personal data, and update or correct any of your personal data that is incorrect. You can also request the deletion of your data.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not stop processing of your personal data if it is necessary for performing a contract with you, or if such processing is in our legitimate interests. You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time
- You have the right to restrict or object to the processing of your data, and to request portability of your data to take elsewhere in a suitable format.
- You have the right to have your data deleted in certain circumstances
- You have the right to lodge a complaint about the use of your data with the Information Commissioner. We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to remediate any issues you identify, so please do contact us in the first instance
We endeavour to respond to such requests within a month or less, although we reserve the right to extend this period for complex requests.
We reserve the right to deny you access for any reason permitted under applicable laws. Such exemptions may include national security, corporate finance and confidential references. If we deny access or correction, we will provide you with written reasons for such denial unless it is unreasonable to do so and, where required by local data protection laws, will note your request and the denial of same in our records.
Please note we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to exercise your data protection rights. This is a security measure to ensure that your personal data is not disclosed to any person who does not have a right to receive it.
PurpleBox Audio Visual can be contacted by post, at:
31 Churchfield Way
Wisbech St Mary
Or by email –
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies:
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They enable basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
How to Block Cookies
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.